Little Smalltalk is a minimal text-based batch-oriented
version of Smalltalk. Follow these steps to use it in the CS lab in room
- Select Start => Smalltalk =>
- Now you can enter messages directly in the interpreter
- a <- 3 + 4
- a display
- a class
- Integer display
- a > 5 ifTrue: [b <- a * a] ifFalse: [b <- 0]
- Create a LittleSmalltalk source program in a file "Filename.st"
using Notepad, for example. Alternatively, you can download one of
these LittleSmalltalk sample programs. For
example, store the file Pair.st into the folder C:\temp.
- Instruct the interpreter to read your source code, then
test it by creating instances of the newly-defined classes and sending
messages to invoke the newly-defined methods.
- f <- File new
- f fileIn: 'C:\temp\Pair.st'
- t <- Test new
- t main
For further information, or to download Little Smalltalk
yourself, follow this link: